Discover Your Hidden Talents
Often people are unaware of their talents and overly critical of themselves. When a person discovers what he or she likes, it’s possible to do a job that suits them forever. In addition, if a team is made up of different talents, more can be done because everyone will do what is closer to their heart. In this way, people will use their full potential because they will be interested in their jobs and growth. Help others to find their talents, because it’s often easier to see what people around you are good at and what is maybe not meant for them. Read more: How Productivity is Related to Internal Satisfaction and Evaluation.
What does it mean to be talented? Everyone understands this combination of words differently. For example, being talented in art. It can be perceived so differently! Art is such a subjective concept and what seems beautiful to one is less so to the other. Talent is not only measured by the end result of the job, but also by the process of the action itself; the feelings and thoughts that a person puts into the action to be performed.
Everyone has their own unique talent complex (and no one can be talented at everything). The talents we have are innate and they develop until our youth. You may not even realize what your hidden talents are, and this needs urgent correction.
How to discover your hidden talents?
Keep track of these points and ultimately reach for your hidden talent!
- Look back at your past! If you’ve started exploring your hidden talents, the first step is to look back. List the things you have achieved. Remember those activities that you enjoyed doing. Ask yourself, “What am I most proud of?” Looking back at childhood is also very important. What did you do when you were little, what classes did you went to and where did you show good results? All these questions and the answers you have found in your past will definitely help you to find your talents and promote self-growth by remembering the things and activities you have ever done with pleasure and good results.
- What are the things you do with pleasure? The activities that make you happy can also be your talents. Has anyone ever given a compliment or a good word for this action? Does anyone ask you for help with this? You may think that this is not a talent, but as you go deeper, you will realize that it may indeed be your hidden talent.
- Evaluate which activities you are good at! Doing things with pleasure is not the same as doing it with quality. Many people think that talent is just something you like to do, but that is not always the case. You may be talented in a field that is not pleasing to you, or you may not even consider your potential in that field. Think about the natural things you do unknowingly, like offering your help or a guide for doing something! These factors indicate that you are strong in that field and you know a lot about it; accordingly, it may be a talent that you have not yet realized.
- Ask your relatives and acquaintances! Watching you from the outside makes it easier for other people to see your actions objectively and maybe even what you like. If you ask who your strengths are, people will definitely answer. Talk to people who know you well and also to those you know recently! Each of these people will see you in a different way and that may allow you to discover something new about yourself.
- Try new things! Everyone should be given time to devote themselves to new activities for discovering their talents. The time spent relaxing on a couch or at a party can be devoted to self-discovery. Often, talents are hidden in activities that have not yet been tried. Consider your priorities and find time for new experiences.
- Develop existing skills! You certainly have different skills, even at the beginner level. Any skill you possess can be turned into a real talent, but it takes time and continuous development of the skill. Existing talent also needs to be developed, and all success lies in regular activities and skill-building, so remember that patience is very important.
Discovering your hidden talents is definitely not easy, but following these tips will give everyone an opportunity to find new skills that can be turned into their talents. It is perhaps the discovery of this hidden talent that will open up a new stage in your life, for example, to pursue a career that suits you and to keep developing. Also, if you are managing your employees, keep an eye on them, discover their capabilities! You may be able to uncover the talents of others and promote their self-development. Read more: Personal Growth in a Team.